Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:28:18 -0500
From:      "MALLIKARJUNA, M [AG/8042]" <m.mallikarjuna@monsanto.com>
To:        "'www@FreeBSD.org'" <www@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   CVS error while checking out from client

Hi ,
	I have created a repository in Linux operating system and when I'm
trying to check out module from client machine I'm getting following error
message

	sh-2.05$ cvs -d:pserver:cvs@10.200.4.198:/cvsroot co cvstest
	cvs checkout: failed to open /home/mmmall1/.cvspass for reading: No
such file or directory
	cvs checkout: unrecognized auth response from 10.200.4.198: no
repository configured in /etc/cvs/cvs.conf
	cvs [checkout aborted]: shutdown() failed, server 10.200.4.198:
Transport endpoint is not connected  .

	Would any one can explaine me what was wrong in the process and how
to rectify to this .

Thank you
Mallik