Date:      Sun, 16 Nov 97 16:52:46 -0800
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Rich Winkel" <rich@chumbly.math.missouri.edu>
Subject:   Re: Can anyone mount floppies as non-root?

On Sun, 16 Nov 1997 18:31:04 -0600 (CST), Rich Winkel wrote:

>I'm running 2.2.5-stable.

	Good choice. :)

>I'm still having problems doing this, although all the /dev and msdos_mount
>permissions seem ok.  Can anyone mount floppies as a regular user?

	How about the permissions on /sbin/mount and /sbin/umount?  This
sounds like a job for sudo, unless it's just you on the box, in which case
you should be able to change ownership of those... just make sure you can
still boot your box. :)

Good luck,

Doug

*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the  world's largest
*** Internet Relay Chat server. 4,168 clients and still growing. :-)
*** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
***		Part of the DALnet IRC network		***