Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 17:17:40 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Junk in new gcc include path

From: "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
> Does anybody else saw this too?
> I just run 'cc -v hello.c' (printing Hello, world) and see:
> GNU C version 3.1 [FreeBSD] 20020509 (prerelease)
> (i386-undermydesk-freebsd)
>         compiled by GNU C version 2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD].
> ignoring nonexistent directory "NONE/include"
> ignoring duplicate directory "/usr/include"
>
> It seems junk "NONE/include" is in the include path and "/usr/include"
> present there twice. Please fix this thing. Especially if project have
> NONE directory...

I'm seeing the "ignoring duplicate directory" problem with the Cyrus-SASL
port when building on current.  One of the patches (patch-ab) adds
"-I${OPENSSLINC} -I${OPENSSLINC}/openssl" to the CPPFLAGS.  Then when
configure is run it fails to detect the unistd.h and pwd.h header files.
Which causes the compile to fail when building checkpw.c.

checking for getopt.h... no
checking for unistd.h... no
checking for crypt.h... no
checking for pwd.h... no
checking for shadow.h... no
checking for paths.h... no

Removing "-I${OPENSSLINC}" from patch-ab allows the port to find the system
include files in /usr/include.

checking for getopt.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for crypt.h... no
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking for shadow.h... no
checking for paths.h... yes

So why does adding "-I/usr/include" to CPPFLAGS cause the compiler to ignore
the headers in /usr/include?

Scot