Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 21:57:50 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcc 2.7.3 trial patches

Given the good reports that I've received from people with 2.7.2 + the
2.7.3 tiral patches, I'd like to see those patches integrated into the
source tree.  I have politely asked if this is a reasonable thing to
do, and have been given the green light from Stallman subject to two
conditions.  1) That we integrate the real 2.7.3 when it is released
and 2) that we don't spin a release with these snapshots in it.  The
projected release date is, I believe, a few weeks to a monthish.

>From my looking at the tree, it appears we still have 2.6.3 and that
the 2.7.2 integration that has been warned about coming has not come
to pass (as of cvs-ctm 2175), so maybe this point is moot.

I'd like to see it and will happily provide patches to a committer who
is willing to commit the changes, assuming that people think it is a
good idea.  The patches fix a number of significant bugs in the x86
optimizer that make 2.7.2 dangerous to use.

Warner