Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 23:54:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        HyunSeog.Ryu@EASY.RE.KR (Hyun-Seog Ryu)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can I use some devices???

As Hyun-Seog Ryu wrote:

> 1) I was bought EtherLink III PCI(3C590 combo) and
>    Fast Etherlink PCI(3C595-TX, 10/100Base-T ethernet adapter).
>    But It is not recognized by FreeBSD kernel 2.1.0-RELEASE kernel.
>    Can I use it by some other configuration??? (ex. FreeBSD-stable,
>    FreeBSD-current, etc...)

FreeBSD-current has a driver for them.  I've been installing a machine
three hours ago with a 3C390, i've imported the `vx' driver straight
from -current into this 2.1R machine.  It seems to work, though i
haven't done extensive testing by now.

I'm not sure about the degree of 3C395 support.

> 2) I have philips CDD-522 CD-Recorder. It was recognized by worm0.
>    Can I use it??? If so, how to use it??? ;<

This is ``work in progress''.  You cannot use it right now, but i've
been burning my first successful CD-R under FreeBSD a couple of weeks
ago.  However, the driver will undergo major modifications before it
will be usable by the public.

--
cheers, J"org