Date:       Fri, 13 Sep 96 13:58:08
From:      MYoung@scaleable.com
To:        bsd@s3ihq
Subject:   install comment

I downloaded the FreeBSD bin files and tried to install them from a DOS
partition on a generic 486 machine. Part of the way through the install,
I got the error message
    Write failure on transfer! (wrote -1 bytes of 1024 bytes)
    Unable to transfer distribution for wd0s1

It took me quite a while to realize that one of the bin files that I downloaded
was too small.  It would have been much easier if the error message was better.
At first I thought that something was wrong with my hard disk since a write
failure was reported and not some kind of read problem.