Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 2002 18:14:33 -0700
From:      bmah@freebsd.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org
Subject:   Release-building saga continues

--==_Exmh_286410339P

I successfully built an i386 miniinst.iso image, using a repository
updated around mid-day Saturday (California time).  When I burned and
booted this image, I landed in sysinstall (yay!) with a dialog box
complaining "Couldn't create directory /tmp: Read-only file system"
(d'oh!).

There's a number of other operations that result in the same dialog,
including all of the documentation items.  It's not possible to mount a
fixit CDROM to investigate further because sysinstall isn't able to
create the mount points.

It kind of looks like the mfsroot filesystem image got mounted
read-only.  Is this just me?

Thanks,

Bruce.

PS.  FYI:  drivers.flp has 469KB left, mfsroot.flp has 87KB left (this
includes the compressed release doc files), and kern.flp has 19KB left.
This predates some of the pccardd-related cleanup.

--==_Exmh_286410339P

--==_Exmh_286410339P--