Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 19:36:54 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        black@mr.net
Cc:        gpalmer@freebsd.org, drizzt@shadowlands.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi-processors

> > > Ohh yea one more question.  I noticed you have support for the
> > > Cyrinx chips.  I was looking at the Cyrinx 166 and it is 100 bucks
> > > cheaper than the P-166.  Have you seen any problems with the Cyrinx
> > > chips?
> >
> > Dunno. Other readers of -questions care to comment?
> >
> haven't used any of the cyrix chips personally, but i have heard lots of
> complaints about problems with cyrix chips running 2.1R.  YMMV.

Weren't these 486SLC Cyrix chips (or whatever they were called?) I
thought the more recent Cyrix ones were OK.

Anyway, I don't know much about them either - the best place to look
for this kind of info is on the archive for the freebsd-hardware list.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk