Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 18:18:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI Video capture for $77 8)

In article <154.880077680@time.cdrom.com> you wrote:
> [redirected to -multimedia from -hackers]

> At Comdex, I also saw something called the "EggCam" from Panasonic
> which included both Bt848 based board and monitor-mounted Camera
> (rather cute little thing at that) for $129.

I have used this combination and it works just great with fxtv. (with
patch from Amancio's page).  This was under 2.2-stable.

The camera also has a builtin microphone.  It is color;
the resolution is about 500x500 pixels (panasonic web site has more
details).  works with vat, too.

I have bought my package by mail-order for around $200, though.
Where did you seen that for $129, exactly?   I sent mine as a gift
and now need one more... ;-)

--
"In the namespace, no one can hear you expire"    --bindboy@psibercom.org