Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:43:55 -0500
From:      Carl Fongheiser <cmf@iabears.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: palm-pilot guys

>> I see an ad for a Palm IIIx, and supposedly they actually have them and
>> can ship today.  They list a couple of different options, and I'd
>> appreciate a comment about, well, if I need them, or if they're fluff.
>

>If you're looking to save some money, I think the III is identical to
>the IIIx except for the screen.  Friends at work have the Pro and III
>and seem to think the IIIx isn't worth the extra $$$.

No, the IIIx also has twice the memory (4 MB vs 2 MB).  This may or may not
be an issue;  I've had my Palm III for a number of months and haven't hit
the memory ceiling yet.  If my Palm III weren't so new, I'd jump for the IIIx
right now.  The glare on the older screen really bugs me sometimes.

Carl Fongheiser
cmf@iabears.org