Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:50:51 +0100
From:      Markus Brueffer <brueffer@phoenix-systems.de>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bridging-problem

Hi,

I set up bridging as described in the freebsd-handbook:

kldload bridge
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge=3D1
sysctl net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=3D"xl0 sf1"
sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=3D1

Bridging itself works well so far and I can ping all host from both sides=
 of=20
the bridge. Now I have the following problem:

I have to access the bridge itself from both sides of the bridge. So I=20
assigned an IP-address to one of the two involved NICs:

left side --- [ xl0:192.168.1.1 | sf1: no IP ] --- right side

Now it's possible to ping the bridge from hosts of the left side but ping=
ing=20
from the right side doesn't work.

After that I tested netgraph for bridging. Surprisingly that works well=20
including the access to the bridge from both sides.

The bridge runs FreeBSD 4.7.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Any hints?

Markus