Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2001 15:49:51 +0200
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        Steve Warwick <ukla@mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configure PHP as CGI on FreeBSD

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 10:37:30AM -0700, Steve Warwick wrote:
> Hey all,
>=20
> (new FreeBSD User)=20
>=20
> Thanks to those that replied to my previous PHP related question. One
> further thought: How do I compile PHP as a CGI rather than a mod_ ?
>=20
> I can see there is a standalone feature in the config file but I do not k=
now
> how to access it.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
>=20
> Steve
>=20
>=20
>=20
> end of the original message

=46rom make(1) manpage:

[...]
     -D variable
         Define variable to be 1, in the global context.
[...]

So if you want STANDALONE variable to be defined, you have to do:

# cd /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
# make -DSTANDALONE install clean

	Francesco Casadei

--=20
You can download my public key from http://digilander.iol.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--