Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 23:41:55 +0100
From:      Christian Jachmann <jachmann@gigabell.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.4-Stable crashes..(heavy diskio+networking)

Matt Heckaman wrote:

> [...]
> : It reboots about every 24 hours.
> :
> : Is it bad ram ?
> : or the temperature ?
> : Maybe someone give me a hint.
>
> This may sound silly, but have you looked at the value for your
> NMBCLUSTERS? FreeBSD panics when it runs out of them, as can happen in a
> high network load situation. I scale mine based on the bandwidth and
> assume a worst case scenario of a denial of service attack. I've found
> 16,384 good for T1+, moving to double that for 10Mbit, as for beyond that,
> I've never worked with anything that high.

Yes,I rised it several weeks ago,

root@newscore>netstat -m
569/1984 mbufs in use:
        347 mbufs allocated to data
        222 mbufs allocated to packet headers
214/714/26112 mbuf clusters in use (current/peak/max)
1676 Kbytes allocated to network (29% in use)
0 requests for memory denied
0 requests for memory delayed
0 calls to protocol drain routines

looks not so bad, or ?