Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 12:37:53 -0600
From:      Melvin Deloyd Robinson <melrobin@Jetson.UH.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rebooting

Hey gang,

I have a friend who has installed FreeBSD 2.1-RELEASE on his machine.  Upon
rebooting he gets an error stating that the Keyboard reboot failed and then
the machine tries the CPU shutdown.  The later never works and I'm stumped
about what to tell him.

I looked in the code (module vm_machdep.c) and found the error message, but
can't glean very much from that.  Looking at the dmesg output the sc0 driver
is from 60h-6Fh which seems correct (at least it agrees with my machine),
but is this the address for IO_KBD.  The code outputs 0xFE to IO_KBD + 4,
but is this the same as CTRL-ALT-DELETE?

As you can probably tell from my ramblings that I'm pretty confused.  Please
help.

Thanks for your time,
Melvin