Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:00:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        JB LaRue <JB.LaRue@mila-inc.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Floppy installation

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, JB LaRue wrote:

> Glad to see 2.1.7 is ready! Thanks alot. I have been waiting to
> switch from Red Hat to Free BSD. One question: I'm looking for the
> README.TXT for performing a Floppy installation and then FTP'ing the
> rest of the files down. Could you help?

The docs should be laying around on the top level of the 2.1.7 tree, at
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.7-RELEASE.

Floppy install is nasty, unless Jordan fixed it :)  The big key is put
bin.inf on the first disk, and the .inf file for the next distribution (in
order listed in the menus) on the last floppy of the previous
distribution.  Someone posted the magic incantation last year, it may be
in the mail archives.