Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:27:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.NET>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Alex G. Bulushev" <bag@sinbin.demos.su>, Daniel Rock <rock@cs.uni-sb.de>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current NFS problem

I've done some NFS experimentation on my box, and basically, I try to test
a lot of the new technologies (and older) in FreeBSD. Some of the less
successful combos I've tried were:
	mount_union anything
	NFS mounting and beating on the FS
	floppies with softupdates
	2 vnode pan60's on 2 SoftUpdates partitions, CCD'd, and made ino a
new fs, beat on
	etc.
And beating on as defined something like:
#!/bin/sh
i=0
while [ $i -le 100 ]; do
        mkdir $i
        cd $i
        i=`expr $i + 1`
        p=0
        while [ $p -le 100 ]; do
                date > a$p
                p=`expr $p + 1`
        done
done
But I fear these are just the wild experiments of a 15-year-old :-)

Brian Feldman