Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:49:01 +0100
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: send_packet: No buffer space available

> >From the netstat output, it looks more like an application-level problem
> having to do with exhausting socket buffer space. Whatever the cause of
> the problem, it certainly isn't a lack of mbufs and/or clusters.
>
> Try verifying what is generating the messages. It could be coming from
> a syscall or, it may be that the application is printing them. If it is
> the latter (you should find the string in the application code), then
> it's fairly trivial to figure the rest out. If not, I'd check the
> network card driver you're using next.

OK, I traced it to sys/netinet/ip_output.c:

        /*
         * Verify that we have any chance at all of being able to queue
         *      the packet or packet fragments
         */
        if ((ifp->if_snd.ifq_len + ip->ip_len / ifp->if_mtu + 1) >=
                ifp->if_snd.ifq_maxlen) {
                        error = ENOBUFS;
                        ipstat.ips_odropped++;
                        goto bad;
        }

So this means the output queue on my net card is full, right? And I guess
there is no easy solution... Oh well, I'll have to cope. But I still wonder,
shouldn't this show up on netstat -i? netstat -s does show the dropped packets,
anyway...

So, no solution, right? :(

Bye,
	Andrea

--
              The best things in life are free, but the
                expensive ones are still worth a look.