Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 02:41:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@r2d2.smlab.com
Subject:   Re: DEC3000/400 SRM bootp overview

> Same thing here with two 3000/300s. The TFTP packet contains '\0' at
> the TOS and the first bytes of the file name fields. The firmware rev
> is 6.5. Where can I get older/working versions?

Last time I checked, they were available on gatekeeper.digital.com
(somewhere)...  I'm not sure what Digital's licensing restrictions on the
firmware code are, but I have every version back to whatever it was for a
3000/500 box running under OSF/1 1.2....  Assuming it's legal (I'll try to
check tomorrow -- I value my relationship with Digital too much to give
out illegal copies of their software), I have no problems sticking the
older stuff somewhere you could get to it.

mike