Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 22:31:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape...

Well, Netscape is rather bad, but recent 4.7x versions have been
better.  I have used it and it seems ok, but I have had problems with X
crashing and cannot fix that.  (need help there)

Maybe you could use this...

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/x11-fonts/mozilla-fonts/pkg/DESCR

My Netscape was crashing until I installed some fonts for java
applets.  This does not appear to be the same thing.  Perhaps Mozilla
will be more stable for you, although I think that project is a ways from
having a complete browser... for the Mac at least.  I have not tried
Mozilla for FreeBSD yet.  I have had enough trouble with the Mac version.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

Microsoft: Will you get a macro virus today?
http://www.greasydaemon.com/noms/ <- Why avoid MS?