Date:      Mon, 1 May 1995 15:30:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <Nik.Clayton@brunel.ac.uk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mouse problem

I just tried to send this on to the original sender, and failed, so I've
sent it to the list in case it's useful:

  To: vernon@eds.com.bta.net

I just switched from a serial mouse to a PS/2 mouse. This is copied
pretty much from my sysadmin book of power.

  - Rebuild kernel with

       options ALLOW_CONFLICT_IOADDR
       device psm0 at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 12 vector psmintr

  - Reboot with new kernel

  - Make mouse device

       # cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV psm0

  - Alter X config file (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config) and set the
    following in the mouse section

        Protocol "PS/2"
        Device "/dev/psm0"

That was all I had to do, and it works like a charm.

Hope it helps,

=-[Opinion, n: See the above text for an example]=-=[Kibo #: e]-[RYRYRY]=-=
=-[The Silly Sod Society: To perfect and to swerve]=-[beable]-=[TP U BG]=-=
The new Congressmen say they're going to turn the government around.
I hope I don't get run over again.