Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 23:43:16 -0800
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Jason Hill <jch@xmission.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, andy@CRWdog.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: fxtv tweaking/fullscreen?

--==_Exmh_601637408P

> I've recently purchased a WinTV card -- the bktr driver and fxtv are both
> working.  I'm now trying to tweak the display and I'm having two problems.
>
> 1. I can't get it to go fullscreen.  It only runs in a very small window
> and when I zoom it changes to a larger (but hardly fullscreen) window.
> I've checked my baseTranslations and <Key>z: TVToggleZoom(fullscreen) is set.
> Does it really go fullscreen or is ~640x480 the max size?

Are you clicking in the TV image itself, or hitting the double-size button on
the GUI?

Try the former if you're not. You may need DGA enabled in the X server for
this to work (I forget). Click again to go back. I find that sometimes you
need to full-size again and go back to recover the cursor, but this is
probably server-specific...

> 2. The output is dark.  Adjusting the settings through "Appearance" helps,
> but it's still not very clear.  I notice that if I select a menu and hold
> down the mouse button, the image sharpens quite nicely.

As soon as you occlude a DGA display with a menu or another window, fxtv will
switch to using shared memory images as opposed to just throwing trash through
the menu, which is what it would otherwise do with DGA-enabled. I can tell the
difference easily, because this pegs my X server within a few seconds...

If there's a noticable difference in video quality (there is none on mine,
simply update speed), then this may be significant, but I can't tell you why
or what to do about it, sorry :)

HTH.

Cheers,

AS