Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:15:11 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: turning off malloc's AJ by default

On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 06:40:21PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2002 at 04:34:57PM -0800, current@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
>
> > As FreeBSD developers, 3rd party code cannot
> > be our primary concern.
>
> Surely, you're joking.  No wonder it's a PITA
> to convince a 3rd party vendor to release a
> FreeBSD product.

No I am not joking.  I do not see what my statement in the context of
`AJ' implies I do not care about 3rd party applications running on
FreeBSD.  However, a debugging option that at this point only finds bugs
in 3rd party applications that exist on Linux, Solaris, etc.. also is not
suffient reason to continue to penalize all FreeBSD users.