Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 17:19:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is NE2000 network card OK?

I just got an additional PC and I now want to network them on
the cheap.  I see that ISA NE2000 compatible cards are selling
for under $20 and I was wondering if it would be a reasonable
way to go.   This will be my first venture into the world of
networks, so...

  - is the NE2000 adequately supported?
  - are there any drawbacks to this card?
  - if the card claims that it supports the Novell drivers,
    is it likely that the FreeBSD driver would support it
    also?

Thanks.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net

PS.  Am running 2.2.5 on the newer PC, 2.0.5 on the older.  The
release notes for 2.0.5 and 2.2.5 say that the NE2000 is a supported
interface.