Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 14:42:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua (Andrew V. Stesin)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: (fwd) JFYI: Linux-FT joins X/Open

Andrew V. Stesin writes:

> I just wonder -- what the consequences of this may look like?

In fact, there are a number of interesting points:

1.  The FSF has already shown that free software can not just adhere
    to standards but help implement them.  It makes sense for free
    software producers to join the standards organizations.

2.  So why doesn't the FreeBSD team jump on the bandwagon?

3.  From what I can see, Linux hasn't joined yet.  Linux-FT (fault
    tolerant?) looks like a small side group of the main Linux
    explosion.  But I think we'll see more.

Greg