Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 11:34:19 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (Dennis)
Cc:        karl@mcs.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Compression Load on CPU

Dennis stands accused of saying:

> Karl D. writes...
>
> >Again, note - no spinning media, no PC-bus issues....
>
> I really hate this garbage argument. Novell servers with uptimes
> over a year are commonplace...PC bus, spinning media and all.

Yeah, and look at the sort of performance you (don't) get out of them.
Note also the amazing amounts of money people like Compaq charge for
their "Novell Server" products, as opposed to what you pay for J.
Random Klone.

(I have a couple of friends who administrer large Novell networks.  They
have just the same sort of trouble with PC hardware, only they have an
easier out because the Man From Novell just comes in and says "It's not
certified for Novell", or "It's just a hardware problem" and they go
complain to their vendor.  They don't get a chance to doubt the software,
or any useful error messages from it...)