Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 15:15:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   mouse//`Pointer' question

   I've hestiated asking the group this for the past couple
   months, hoping that I'd be able to figure it out myself.
   So far, no joy.

   When I upgraded to the new X11R6 3.1.2, the middle (`put')
   button of my mouse quit cooperating.  Now, whenever I
   capture something in the mouse-buffer, unless I am
   *extremely* quick-and-nimble with the middle button, I'll
   get several copies of whatever I want to transfer.

   I've tried the xset m N/M K syntax.  Nope.  In the
   ``Pointer section'' of my /etc/XF86Config is a 50ms timeout
   value.  Still commented.

   Did I miss this in the xf86config setup?  Does anybody have
   any idea how I can configure this middle button to be much
   more tolerant??

   Thanks if anybody knows!

   gary kline