Date:      Sat, 3 May 1997 11:01:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Sascha Blank <blank@sliphost37.uni-trier.de>
To:        Harlan.Stenn@pfcs.com (Harlan Stenn)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adobe Acrobat for FreeBSD?

Hello Harlan,

Harlan Stenn has written recently:
> Does anybody know if/how I can I get Adobe Acrobat working for FreeBSD?

Yes, it is possible to use the Adobe Acrobat Reader for Linux (I guess
this is the program you meant) in conjunction with the Linux emulator
that FreeBSD 2.2 comes with. I use the reader now for some weeks without
any problem. FreeBSD 2.1 offers such an emulation as well, but I don't
know how if it works well enough to run the Reader, so should try it
with a 2.2 system if you can.

There is a section in the handbook on how to install the linux
emulation and the Acrobat Reader is part of the ports collection (look
under /usr/ports/print/acroread), so the installation shouldn't be a
great deal.

If you still have problems installing everything correctly, I can give
more detailed information that hopefully will help you.

--
             Sascha Blank - mailto:blank@fox.uni-trier.de
  Student and System Administrator at the University of Trier, Germany