Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:58:10 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Michael Henry <mhenry@grey.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New to FreeBSD

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 01:42:23PM +1000, Michael Henry wrote:
> Sue said:
>
> > What would you like to talk about?
> > Have you done anything interesting with FreeBSD lately?
> > Got any comments on the Newbies web page?
>
> Well, I've got an easy to use Graphics library installed on my
> system. You can get it from:
>
> http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~loki/graphapp
>
> Only requirements are a knowledge of C or C++. There is a tutorial at
> the site, and a bunch of example programs.

Oh :-( I'm a bit too newbie for that but some others might pipe in.

A few newbies have mentioned being interested in learning C, and I came
up with an idea for doing it on line but haven't filled in all the details yet.

If you're intending to learn C, especially if you'll be teaching
yourself, take a peek at http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/StudyGroup/
in a couple of hours and let me know what you think.

Learning C isn't really a FreeBSD topic, but it's a closely related
interest of many newbies. Write to me off the list if you want to
discuss the details or tell me why it won't work.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-