Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:04:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David E. Cross" <dec@phoenix.its.rpi.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   fs wierdness

Not entirely sure how this happened, but I was logged onto my system when
(at least, have not found others) these following files were corrupted:

/bin/mkdir
/bin/mv
/bin/pax
/bin/ps

They were corrupted to be character special files, with the same
major/minors as /dev/ttyp0,/dev/pty0.  I then fsck-ed the volume and it
reported numerous errors with these files.

the system 'had' an uptime of 25 days before this, without any other
problems.  Any idea what could have caused this?

--
David Cross
ACS Consultant