Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 15:06:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Cisko           <cisko@Mcs.Net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Stuck on installation

I currently bought FreeBSD 2.2.5 + The complete FreeBSD book from Walnut
Creek.  I made the boot floppy, I boot just fine.. get too the
"Kernel Configuration Menu" just fine.  I go to "Start kernel
configuration in full-screen visual mode".  Thats where I think the
problem is.  Cause I can get past Kernel Conf. just fine, and start the
Novice installation, etc.. just fine.  But when It asks me how I want to
install it, I select CDROM, but then I get a message saying how a CDROM is
not installed.
Here's what I have in Kernel Configuration, below this is what I
accutacly do have in my computer

0 conflicts

Storage:
Floppy disk controller  fdc0
Matsushita/Panasonic/Creative CDROM matcdc0
mitsumi CDROM mcd0
IDE/ESDI/MFM disk controller wdc0
IDE/ESDI/MFM disk controller wdc1

Network:

Communications:
Parallel printer port lpt0
Parallel printer port lpt1
8250/16450/16550 Serial port sio0
8250/16450/16550 Serial port sio1

Input:
Microsoft Bus Mouse mse0
Syscons Console Driver sc0
_______

Generic NEC floppy disk
generic IDE controller
Cirrus Logic PCI Video card
Matshita CDROM CR-572
Standard 101/102 keyboard
Hayes Accura 33.6
ps/2 mouse (note: when i try to use ps/2 instead of Microsoft bus mouse
                  I save and quit Kernel configuration, nothing happens.)
Sound Blaster 16 soundcard

I dont know what else todo.  I have looked at the hardware installation
document that came with this distrobution of FreeBSD, but I havent seen
anything.  Please please have a solution for me.

Thanks,
Michael
cisko@mcs.net