Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 96 19:33:29 -0400
From:      "Roland Jay Roberts" <jay@map.com>
To:        "MichaelGoe@aol.com" <MichaelGoe@aol.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: help with PAS16

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996 11:22:36 -0700 (PDT), Doug White wrote:

>On Fri, 5 Jul 1996 MichaelGoe@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I added the conflicts foor the pas0 becuase I have a Mitsumi CD-rom on IRQ
>> 10.  As a mounted drive the cd-rom works fine.  During boot-up, it does
>> recognize my sound card, however; using cdplayer it tells me that the device
>> is not configured, and with xcd it I get a broken pipe error.
>
>I think that the cd playing apps only work on SCSI CDROMs.

i.e. for audio CD's?  Not so.  I've got a Mitsumi CD-ROM myself, and the textmode cdplay
program plays audio CD's just fine.  (a visit to it's man page is a must.  I hope someone
manages to port the cdtool package from Linux, as it's quite easy to use).

I think the problem stems from the fact that the Mitsumi is on IRQ 10 along with the PAS16.
Changing the PAS16 to IRQ 11 (as long as nothing else is there) ought to help out.

// Roland Jay Roberts  -  Team OS/2  -
// Internet: jay@map.com
// FidoNet: Roland Roberts @ 1:321/305.5