Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:48:16 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        Kathy Quinlan <katinka@magestower.com>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Printing.

--kjpMrWxdCilgNbo1

* Kathy Quinlan <katinka@magestower.com> [20010213 08:58]: writing on the s=
ubject 'Printing.'
Kathy> Hi all,
Kathy>=20
Kathy> I have searched the ports collection and done searches on
Kathy> www.freebsddiary.org as well as www.freebsd.org, and I can not find =
an
Kathy> answer to my question.
Kathy>=20
Kathy> I need to print from my freebsd server to my win98 machine, all the =
printers
Kathy> hang of the win98 machine, and I would like to share them with a Mac=
 through
Kathy> netatalk. what do I need to do to redirect the lpd to the win98 mach=
ine ?

Hi Kathy,
I hope you have the ports collection installed.
Here is what you can do.

cd /etc
cp printcap printcap.old
cd /usr/ports/print/apsfilter
make install clean  		(You MUST be online!)
cd /usr/local/apsfilter
=2E/SETUP

With your intelligence press enter, go ahead and answer all Qs intelligentl=
y.
You'll be able to print in about 5 minutes.
Lemme know what printer you have. A good guy sent me some nice setup for so=
me
printer and if you have same then I may send a copy to you.=20

You can have NETATALK use the printer on Windows via FreeBSD as long as the=
 Mac
prints to the printer whose output points to a Windows machine.=20

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

The reward of a thing well done is to have done it. -Ralph Waldo Emerson=20

--kjpMrWxdCilgNbo1

--kjpMrWxdCilgNbo1--