Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDP port 31337

	HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
	We are going to see a lot of them. You see, someone from cDc made
this thingie called Back Orifice: www.cultdeadcow.com for more info.
	It is basically a tool which backdoors Win95/98 systems and allows
you manipulate them remotely: sniff keyboard, capture screen, shutdown,
start apps, use speakers.. basically, your average windows crap.
	By default it uses UDP and yes, it run on port 31337. Since you
are running UDP, you have nothing to worry about. I am however curios how
lame it will get and how soon someone will get pissed and create a
winnuked running on port 31337 for someone trying to connect to you on
port 31337 via UDP. *sigh*

-- Yan

www.best.com/~jkb/         Unix users of the world unite:
www.{free,open,net}bsd.org | www.linux.org | www.apache.org | www.perl.com
"Turn up the lights, I don't want to go home in the dark."