Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:59:25 +0200
From:      Gustaf Tham <gus@algonet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MO-drive w 2048 B/sectors in 4.3 ?

Hi,

I posted this question twice in FreeBSD.questions, but no one
has responded.  I would appreciate it very much if
anyone can shed some light on this..

I can use my MO-drive OK with 540MB disks, which are
512 bytes/sector, but not with larger disks, which are
all 2048 bytes/sector.
Any operation (disklabel, newfs, mount) results in error messages
about slices starting/extending beyond end of disk.
I'm running 4.3 stable.

Now, the od driver can handle larger sectors.
But - the od driver has been removed.
The reason for this is allegedly that most features of
the od driver are now included in the da driver,
which I use.

Can the da driver actually handle 2048 b/sector disks?

Thanks

Gustaf