Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 20:20:38 +0000
From:      "Tom Smith" <ace@castle.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions about boot manager

Hi, here's a rundown of the config I'm trying to use with my hard
disks.
DISK 1:  547MB IDE with BIOS translating geometry (no software trans)
Win95 on there.
DISK 2:  255MB, no trans necessary, empty, want FreeBSD on it.
I want to devote the whole 255MB to FreeBSD (swap+a root partition).
This is on the 2nd physical disk.  Now, I know the boot manager would
have to go on DISK1, but I can't seem to find a stright answer about
whether the boot manager will like this.  It would need to boot DISK1
and DISK2 (2 OS's).  The reason I'm wondering is because I've heard
of problems with large hard disks.  I seem to be in a sort of unique
situation in that I'm not installing the OS to the large hard disk,
but the boot manager has to go there.  My question is if the boot
manager will work right.  It would need to boot Win95 on the large
disk (the whole disk) and FreeBSD on the small disk.  Any ideas?
-Tom
ace@castle.net
P.S.  Please reply directly, I'm not on the mailing list.