Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:44:06 +0100
From:      Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Fl=FCgel?=)
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Simple mail setup

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To: "Christian Flügel" <Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 12:20 AM

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 11:46:52PM +0100, Christian Flügel wrote:
> > Hello Folks,
> >
> > I am using FreeBSD 4.2 o´n my Desktop which only has a modem connection
> > my local ISP for Internet Access. I am right now looking for a
replacement
> > for sendmail. I have three mail accounts with different providers which
are
> > accessed using the POP3 protocol, so there is really no need to use
> > something as complex as sendmail.
>
> And since sendmail does not know anything about POP3...

Ok ok. One should never write to questions at 1 am .
Of course I need a tool for sending mail also. It would be rather pointless
just to receive mail. So what I wanted to ask was this, is there a simple
setup for sending mail via smtp.
I'd rather take the daemon approach because it is more flexible than just a
MUA. But I don't want to get grey hairs configuring sendmail, when there
might be a simpler solution.

Regards

Christian