Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 12:22:31 -0700
From:      "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Winbook FX - Graphics problems?

Andy,

>	When I'm running anything under XFree86, if the screen gets closed
down
>onto the rest of it, when it gets opened back up, the graphics are
>basically
>skewed to one side and the session becomes totally unusable.  Is this
>common thing?  If so, is there a fix for it?

When the screen is closed on the FX I believe it automatically switches
video output from the LCD to the CRT.  It does this in anticipation of
you putting the machine into a docking station.  If this is correct you
should be able to recreate this by using Fn-F12 to rotate LCD -> CRT ->
LCD+CRT (LCD -> LCD+CRT -> CRT?).

I don't know if it is exactly related, but others have reported that
the system is poorly behaved when trying to suspend from an X window as
opposed to the console.  You might try the same Fn-F12 experiment from
the console.  If that works better you may just need to switch to the
console before closing the lid.

>	Other than that, I'm happy to report that the "Little Laptop that
Could"
>now can... *grins*

I like my FX, although I like my Winbook XL's BIOS more.  The FX had
230 days uptime as my gateway before I took it down for
experimentation.

Greg