Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 12:57:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        frank@exit.com (Frank Mayhar)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for good backup software, or help with amanda.

In a previous message, Frank Mayhar said:
> I need backup software that will back up around 25 GB (that's our total
> full backup).  I've tried amanda, but it gives the following complaint:
>
> 	dumps too big, but cannot incremental dump new disk
>
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong; if so, I could use some advice.  Thanks
> in advance.

You get this when your disk partition is bigger than the holding area that
you've allocated. Either make more space for holding or set that file system
to holding-disk in your disklist config file. Note, this doesn't imply that
this partition will be used for holding, it just means that it's dumps will
go directly to tape.

I wish there was a way to tell it to put it on the holding disk if it can,
otherwise go straight to disk. That'd make my life happy.

Paul.

--
                         One Shift, Two Shift
R e d   S    h     i      f      t, B       l      u     e    S   h  i f t