Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 12:53:36 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        "Yegor D. Sinelnikov" <yegor@grn4.recyclenet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /proc file system is full

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Yegor D. Sinelnikov wrote:

> Please give me a tip how to deel with /proc filesystem when it is full.
> df reports 100% and there are messages in log files regarding that
> problem. It happened when I tryed to pull into vi a huge file and as a
> result I had /var and /proc filled. I cleaned /var but what should I do
> with /proc since it is not realy a file system.

/proc is a file system, but it does not store any data files, and there
is no meaning to it being full (to the best of my knowledge it *always*
reports as being 100% full). There is nothing to clean in there. I don't
know what messages you're talking about in the log files, but my guess is
that what generated those messages is some script that checks file
system for being full and does not ignore /proc (and it should do that).

It certainly has nothing to do with vi.

> Global Recycling Network Inc.       http://grn.com
>                                     http://grn4.recyclenet.com
> Yegor D. Sinelnikov