Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:19:25 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        "Ronald Brown <" <Ronald.Brown@mail2.bna.bellsouth.net>, webprof@bellsouth.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: E-Mail Server Question

* Ronald Brown <webprof@bellsouth.net> [000321 12:11] wrote:
> Hello Group.
>
> 2 day old newbie here. Quick question on mail servers. I come from a Windows
> Server background. "I Apologize" and have used exchange for many years and
> love it. Are there any programs that come with FreeBSD when you install it
> that compare with Exchange Server 5.5?

Many of us don't us MS software so when asking a question like this
it's best to list some of the features you are looking for so that
people on the list can make recommendations.

I know exchange can send mail and probably do aliasing and perhaps
filtering.  FreeBSD comes with sendmail which can (unsuprisingly)
send mail, sendmail can also do all sorts of nifty stuff like
mailing lists and filtering.  Several third party programs are
available for free that were designed specifically for filtering
and lists you can check them out at: http://www.freebsd.org/ports.

-Alfred