Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:21:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        gclarkii@main.gbdata.com (Gary Clark II)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, geoid@ktnet.co.kr, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Can I run SCO binaries on FreeBSD-2.1.0?

> > >   I want to run FoxBase for SCO on FreeBSD-2.1.0.
> > >
> > >   Is it possible? and How can I do?
> >
> > FoxBase for SCO UNIX (an IBCS2 binary, preferrably statically linked),
> > yes.
>
> Yes, the binary itself runs (This was one of the test bins that I was using
> when the NEW IBCS2 emulator was being tested.)  However,  there is a problem
> somewhere with character sets...:(  It just will not come out right even with
> a wyse-50 terminal like it should.

You installed *their* termcap, as required?

You set *their* environment variable?

If it thinks it's a Wyse-60, it will expec scan-code mode.

If it thinks it's an SCO console, it will expect scan code mode an
support of the "ESC [ 10 m", "ESC [ 11 m", and "ESC [ 12 m" SCO
console extended character set selection (we partly support the
second, but we don't support scan code mode at all).

The Wyse-50 is naturally flakey because a real Wyse-50, like a
real Televideo 925, which it is a superset of, does not support
non-spacing attribute selection for other than field protection
designation.  The correct way to do "standout" in a default
Wyse-50 termcap is to use "protect on/protect off", but *do NOT*
enable protection, so it is just a display attribute.

Then hit "shift-break" and set the protect attribute to "reverse
field" instead of "dim".

Fix your termcap appropriately.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org