Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:52:19 +1000 (EST)
From:      MAX@one.com.au
Subject:   syscons:blank_time/etc/rc.alpha:cannot open /dev/ttyv0: no such device

or address

Hi all,

Currently, I am having this problem to get the main terminal up.

syscons:blank_time/etc/rc.alpha:cannot open /dev/ttyv0: no such device
or address

I have checked the device in /dev.  Everything there seems fine to me.

pfa# ll ttyv*
crw-------  1 root  wheel   12,   0 Dec  8 21:01 ttyv0
crw-------  1 root  wheel   12,   1 Dec  8 21:01 ttyv1
crw-------  1 root  wheel   12,   2 Dec  8 21:01 ttyv2
crw-------  1 root  wheel   12,   3 Dec  8 21:01 ttyv3

I dont know what else the rc.alpha file trying to initialize. From my
understanding, in that file, it was trying to initialize the vga driver. The
vga card is from Digital model PBXGA.
Any ideas of how to solve it?

Thanks

max