Date:      Sun, 02 Dec 2001 12:19:34 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "jacks@sage-american.com" <jacks@sage-american.com>, "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>, "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        "daniel.chayvialle@laposte.net" <daniel.chayvialle@laposte.net>, "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPPoE

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 23:03:58 +0800, Kathy Quinlan wrote:

>OK I have a question then (as I heard the same that both cause a problem)
>
>I disable nat in ppp.conf and no machines can access the outside world, I
>know natd is running, as I have a port 80 redirection with it. any ideas ??
>
>I am also using PPPoE with telstra ADSL. bellow is my natd.conf

run NAT is PPP. it will save it a lot of hassle.  you can redirect
ports with it as well..  look at man ppp.  I have to run natd since I
have to use mpd-netgraph for my multilink, since the standard multilink
- ppp craps out all the time.  PPP nat will do almost as much as the
natd.

---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net