Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 1996 12:24:11 +1000 (GMT+1000)
From:      Steve Gibson <steve@aries.interspace.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kerberos support for daemons

I run an ISP that has runs both FreeBSD and Linux boxes. At present, I'm
60% convinced to change the Linux box to FreeBSD. But what would tip the
scales is if there is any way to get my login type daemons (such as ftpd
and pop3d) to use kerberos for passwords. At present, users have two
different passwords. One for kerberos, and one for mail/shell etc.

Do kerberized versions of these and other daemons exist, or, how hard is
it to recompile these daemons for kerberos password authentication?

Thanks in advance...

                      Interspace Australia Pty Ltd
                   Steve Gibson - System Administrator
                       <steve@interspace.com.au>

             8 Boyd Street, West Melbourne, Australia 3003
                Ph +61 3 9329 9066   Fax +61 3 9329 1388