Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 13:41:07 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pico and Xon/Xoff

Hi!

I don't have very high expectations about this, but I decided that trying
it wouldn't hurt:

I have a user with a "dumb" terminal (Visual smthg...) and it is
connected without modem control (i.e. all I can do is Xon/Xoff flow
control). I know it would be best to use hardware flow control, but I
can't get that to work with the cable and terminal I have... :-(

Now: Pine has something called preserve-start-stop-characters in .pinerc.
Setting that will let it work correctly in that setup. However, I don't
know how to tell pico to do the same (it doesn't care about .pinerc at all).

The worse part is that I can't even hack it because most of what that
user does is telnet to remote machines and use pico *there*.

Is there any way to get pico to work in that setup???

TIA
Nadav