Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 21:15:16 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans), nate@mt.sri.com, wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG, des@flood.ping.uio.no
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Crippleware (was Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:46:06 PST, Steve Kargl wrote:

> (2) never question the intentions of a committer particularly
> on a mailing list.

Hi Steve,

I think it's healthy to question the intentions of commiters. However, I
think it's important to clearly state your concerns. If you object, list
your objections. Also, when your views come under criticism, try to see
the point of view from which the criticism comes _before_ you start
defending your views.

I know from my own experience that I'm often so involved in trying to
restate more clearly what I originally said that I miss valid
criticisms.

Ciao,
Sheldon.