Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:10:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        ChrisMic@clientlogic.com (Christopher Michaels)
Cc:        dthought@azstarnet.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP & ADSL

In a previous message, Christopher Michaels said:
> Install a dhcp client from the ports.  /usr/ports/net/isc-dhcp I believe is
> the path.
>
> Take a look through the docs or the mailing list archives on how to
> configure it.
>
> -Chris

Your DSL modem must be setup in bridged mode. Is it possible to
have it in ppp mode and run PAT? Then you'd have a private address
space to use.

However, just using dhclient (isc) or dhcpc (wide) will do
the trick.

> > How do I configure FreeBSD 3.1 (4 CD set) for this?
> >
> > Richard Paschal

Disclaimer: These responses are my own and in no way reflect the
views of my employer (but then again, this is a random signature).