Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2014 07:52:53 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: installincludes, bsd.incs.mk and param.h

--JAtnJwvplI04zgov

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 04:42:57PM +0200, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
>  Hello,
>=20
> since bsd.port.mk insinsts on param.h, I have inconveniences on my
> production systems which were installed with "WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN=3Dtrue" in
> src.conf (resulting in MK_TOOLCHAIN=3Dno).
>=20
> My first attempt was the following patch:
> "$SYSDIR" makes the example above not working!
> Unfortunately I couldn't figure out when/how param.h gets installed.
> Also, I couldn't find out what stage uses include/Makefile, only that
> it's not used when  MK_TOOLCHAIN=3Dno.
>=20
> Any help highly appreciated!

My production systems have their OS built on a "build machine"; at
install time, the build machine exports its /usr/src and /usr/obj, and I
"make installkernel installworld" (& mergemaster...) on the production
systems.

I'm still building ports using portmaster on the production systems (as
I lack the infrastructure to create my own pkg repository, and I need
some non-default options), so I export the build machine's /usr/src &
/usr/obj to the production machines during the ports builds, as well.

That said, I don't try to do anything with respect to MK_TOOLCHAIN -- in
normal use, the production machines don't have /usr/src or /usr/obj at
all anyway.

In any case, this has generally been working for me for many years.

Peace,
david
--=20
Taliban: Evil cowards with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.

--JAtnJwvplI04zgov

--JAtnJwvplI04zgov--