Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 00:32:30 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI controller questions???

Hello,

> ... or HP1533 is my current recommendations here

I bought an HP1533A around January of 95.  Works great EXCEPT
that I can't read some DDS-1 tapes (WangDat drives for sure)
HP claims to have quit shipping them while they fixed the problem,
unfortunately that occured after I bought mine.  I also found out
that the 1533A is an OEM version and HP provides NO warranty for it.
Make sure that the seller provides a good warrenty!  They also claim
there is no fix for early (ie, mine) models.  I specifically bought
this model hoping for backwards compatibility, I'm bummed...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD