Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:23:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        JOE CASALE <casalejo@cadvision.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP

A couple of things before we start:

1.  Please turn off your Caps Lock key.
2.  Please either figure out how to disable HTML-encode mail, or
discontinue using Netscape Mail.  I am getting HTML-ized mail and I can't
read it with this mail reader.  Also send mail to Netscape and complain.

On Thu, 20 Feb 1997, JOE CASALE wrote:

> I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME ON THIS MATTER. I AM ATTEMPTING TO DUAL
>      BOOT ON MY PC(120 MHz INTEL) FROM WINDOWS NT VERSION 4 AND FREEBSD.
> IS THIS POSSIBLE?, AND IF SO, WILL I BE ABLE TO USE NT'S BOOT LOADER
> SCREEN.
> WILL NT RECOGNIZE FREEBSD ON MY SYSTEM IF INSTALLED?

Yes.  The FAQ at http://www.freebsd.org (under Documentation) contains
instructions for adding FreeBSD to the NT boot loader.

> CAN I INSTALL FREEBSD ON THE 2nd OF TWO PARTITIONS FIRST AND THEN HAVE
>      NT INSTALLED ON THE MAIN PARTITION AFTER?

I think so.  There is a small problem with BIOSes only allowing you to
boot systems in the first 500mb or so of the drive, but this varies from
system to system.

> THANKYOU VERY MUCH, MY UNIVERSITY USES UNIX AND I THINK X-WINDOWS IS
>       GREAT!

Glad you enjoy it.